Anyone wanting a high-tech, energy-efficient home in Scottsdale may have a chance to win just that. HGTV built its 2017 Smart Home in Scottsdale, and the network will give the fully furnished home to one lucky viewer this summer.
The 3,300-square-foot, single-level home has three bedrooms, a three-car garage, a wet bar, a home office and a pool. It boasts technology such as a pool-safety alarm, smart lighting and locks, a tankless hot-water heater and large digital photo frames. It is located in the The Boulders development in north Scottsdale.
HGTV opened its online contest this week; fans can enter at hgtv.com daily for a chance to win the 2017 HGTV Smart Home, a 2017 Mercedes–Benz GLE SUV and $100,000 cash from Quicken Loans. The giveaway is valued at $1.5 million. The contest ends at 5 p.m. ET on Friday, June 2.
Other “smart” high-tech features in the home — designed by Candelaria Design Associates and constructed by Eagle Luxury Properties — include:
• Samsung’s Family Hub Smart Refrigerator with a wi-fi enabled touchscreen and built-in cameras that let you manage your grocery list, stream music and coordinate family schedules.
• PetCube, an interactive pet camera in the great room that lets you see, talk to, and play with your pet while you’re away. Through your smartphone, PetCube can also project a laser onto the floor so you can remotely “play” with your pet.
• Thirteen Velux skylights that can open and close via touchscreen remote controls.
• Kohler’s touchless kitchen faucet that turns on automatically by waving a hand under the faucet.
• MyLifter, a smartphone-controlled bike-lifting system that will store two bicycles on the garage ceiling.