Congratulations to Patty Diamond of Queen Creek for winning the Shamrock Farms Potato Mash-Up Recipe Contest (and a KitchenAid Mixer!) with her recipe for Quick Green Chili Jalapeño Scalloped Potatoes.
Here’s her winning recipe:
Quick Green Chili Jalapeño Scalloped Potatoes
• 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes peeled and sliced (Use mandoline slicer about 1/4″)
• 3/4 cup Shamrock Farms Heavy Whipping Cream
• 1/4 cup Shamrock Farms Zesty Jalapeño Sour Cream
• 8 oz can diced roasted green chiles (mild or hot), well drained
• 1 cup pepper jack or Mexican blend grated cheese
• 1/4 cup red onion, diced (optional)
• 1/2 cup butter in small pieces
• salt and pepper
• 4 green onions chopped for garnish
Directions: Prepare 8×11 baking dish by oiling the bottom. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Layer 1/2 of the potatoes on the bottom of the dish. Cover with half of the chilis, ¼ cup of whipping cream, all the sour cream, half of the butter, onions, 1/2 cup of cheese, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer the second half of the potatoes and top with the remaining chilis, butter, heavy cream and cheese. Bake for 40-50 minutes until the top is golden brown. Garnish with chopped green onions.
Diamond, an active grandmother who loves traveling, motorcycle riding and hiking, says, “Shamrock Farms Zesty Jalapeño Sour Cream is the best thing ever! It is perfect to substitute in recipes, and it’s great on a baked potato. It’s my favorite sour cream.”
Diamond also loves swimming, camping, and going to museums, concerts, amusement parks and sporting events with her husband and grandchildren. “My favorite thing though is spending lots of time with my grandsons. They are the best! There is nothing better than grandkids!” she says.