SeaLife Arizona

Raising Arizona Kids

real families | real stories | real life

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Posts Tagged ‘button batteries’

Toy-related injuries are on the rise

toy-related injuries, ride on vehicles, injury prevention,

Now that that holiday clean-up has begun, experts hope parents will take a moment to look over the influx of new toys in the house—and think safety. New data show a rise in toy-related injuries, with ride-on toys topping the watch list. A study published in December in the journal Clinical Pediatrics showed that annual injury rates […]

Read the article

10 holiday safety tips

holiday lights, holiday safety

We’ve made a list…and we hope you’ll check it twice! These 10 holiday safety tips are adapted from the American Academy of Pediatrics, the National Safety Council and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, with Arizona in mind. Have a wonderful—and safe—holiday season! 1) Check your health Wash hands frequently to avoid passing–or picking […]

Read the article

Clamshell packaging can frustrate, cause injury during holidays

That impossibly hard, clear plastic molded around a pack of batteries, an electronic device, a toy — sometimes called clamshell or oyster packaging — is often the source of utter frustration, especially around the holidays. Some have even dubbed it “wrap rage.” The plastic is so strong and rigid that it must be removed with […]

Read the article

Energizer announces new button battery packaging

According to a recent CDC report, the number of children injured from swallowing coin lithium, or “button” batteries continues to rise. Recently, Energizer, a leading manufacturer of the batteries, announced a new child-resistant packaging designed to reduce the occurrence of battery ingestion.  The new packaging meets guidelines set by the Consumer Product Safety Commission for […]

Read the article

Button battery ER visits on the rise

It’s a common complaint seen in pediatric emergency departments, says Jon F. McGreevy, MD, MSPH, of Maricopa Medical Center. Children between the ages of 6 months to 6 years accidently swallow all types of objects. Coins are the most common, says McGreevy, an AzAAP member. Pins, screws and toy parts also make the list. Most […]

Read the article

 
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • youtube
  • pinterest

FAMILY TIME!

Submit a calendar event

RECENT ISSUES