Interested in joining the Raising Arizona Kids family? We’re hiring for two positions — we need a savvy social media manager and a go-getter sales and marketing consultant.
Social Media Manager
Be a key player in the next phase of Raising Arizona Kids (RAK), the state’s leading parenting publication for nearly 30 years! We have built an active social media presence on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter with more than 25,000 followers. Posts, pins, stories, and tweets on these platforms boast hundreds of impressions per post — giving readers and followers a breadth of information related to parenting and events being hosted in Arizona communities. We are looking for the right social media manager to take our social media performance to the next level. This team member will support strategic initiatives to build brand engagement, improve marketing effectiveness and increase readership and advertising sales. The position will start as a contract role of up to 20 hours per week, with opportunity to convert to a staff position, if desired, based on performance.
The social media manager will be focused on content creation, content management and audience building on behalf of RAK on social media. This role will provide opportunities for content development, multimedia, interactive marketing and outreach strategies. You will work closely with marketing, editorial and sales team members to connect and engage with our key audience of readers and advertisers.
- Developing and managing social media strategy including the right “ecosystem” of platforms
- Creating and managing content related to brand and SEO building
- Ramping up content, communication and audiences across all platforms including Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook
- Building, moderating and communicating with followers on priority platforms in a timely manner
- Developing interactive content such as reader and advertiser surveys and contests
- Overseeing platforms’ design and voice to be consistent with brand standards
- Analyzing and reporting on content and campaign effectiveness utilizing web trends, SEO and user engagement
- Defining and organizing influencer outreach strategy and communication and giveaway/shared follower outreach
- Testing and implementing relevant paid social programs
- Managing social media calendar, scheduling, submissions and reviews
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in social and paid digital media
- Demonstrated proficiency with content development (examples required)
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and other social media best practices
- Understanding of social media, SEO, and web traffic analytics and reporting
- Energetic self-starter who thrives in rapidly changing situations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including excellent writing, proofreading and editing abilities
- Knowledge of various social media content, publishing and analytics tools a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or relevant field
Job Location and Hours
Opportunity to work remotely once schedule and team relationships are established. Starting work schedule of up to 20 hours/week.
Compensation on an hourly basis will be negotiated depending on experience. If you are qualified, and excited about the prospect of joining our team, please send your resume to anna@RAKmagazine.com. No phone calls.
Media Sales Account Executive
Raising Arizona Kids magazine is seeking a go-getter sales professional to grow our media sales. We offer a broad, expanding portfolio of print and digital media advertising products as well as several special events. And you’ll be backed by the power of our 30-year-old brand reaching more than 160,000 local families per month. Our ideal candidate is motivated to build a high-performing book of business. The position is commission-based in a highly flexible work environment. Work wherever and however, as long as you deliver! We’re committed to your success with start-up and ongoing support. You’ll receive an initial base of leads to build out along with ongoing marketing tools, programs and innovative digital campaigns.
- Build and maintain an active pipeline of prospective advertising clients.
- Win new advertising clients and grow relationships with existing clients.
- Pitch and upsell a variety of advertising products, including print ads, digital formats and events.
- Set follow-up appointments and regular account meetings to keep clients aware of latest developments
- Create and manage client advertising contracts and schedules.
- Coordinate effectively with production team members.
- Work flexibly from home or office, managed against expectations for effort and performance.
- Reach agreed upon sales targets against deadlines.
- Full-time work schedule is preferred but will consider rock star part-timers!
- Local travel to meet with clients as needed.
- Two years of successful sales experience with media sales preferable
- Highly motivated self-starter with dedicated persistence throughout the sales cycle
- Expertise in prospecting, generating new business and upselling
- Ability to sell individual products as well as bundled solutions into clients’ marketing plans and budgets
- Focus on unparalleled service as well as client needs
- Strong work ethic and willing to go the extra mile when needed
- Excellent planning skills, attention to detail, and follow-through
- Thrive in an informal, collaborative and deadline-driven environment
- Familiarity with working in a CRM platform tool
- BA in marketing or business desirable
Send a resume and reasons for your interest in this position to email@example.com.