Splash pads (some are called “spray pads”) are seasonal features — but our summer is a long season. Here is a list of municipal parks and other gathering places where kids can cool off while enjoying free water play.
LAST UPDATED April 2022.
This splash pad is open 10 a.m.-sunset seasonally. Open now until Oct. 23!
- Adventure Playground, 41703 N. Gavilan Peak Parkway
Hours of Splash Pad operations will be from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. on weekends starting on April 9 until May 27th, 2022. Starting May 28th, splash pads will be open daily until September 5th, 2022.
- Friendship Park, 12325 W. McDowell Road.
- Festival Fields Park, 101 E. Lower Buckeye Rd.
- Park Avenue Plaza, 755 N. 114th Ave.
- Coronado Commons Splash Pad, exact address not known
- Tartesso Community Park, exact address not known
Spray pads operate at three city parks. Hours are 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. May-August and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. September-October. Park splash pads are closed November-March and reopen 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in April. chandleraz.gov
- Chuparosa Park Spray Pad features include ground spray, four spray rings and a candy cane-shaped shower. 2400 S. Dobson Road. 480-782-2750.
- Find a buttercup, misty mountain, ground spray, three ants, a corn poppy, flutter, cross and three surf stones at Desert Breeze Park Spray Pad, 660 N. Desert Breeze Blvd. 480-893-6652.
- And at Espee Park kids will enjoy a water tower, candy-cane-shaped showers, spray rings and ground sprays. 450 E. Knox Road. 480-782-2727.
Chandler Fashion Center also operates a spray pad from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. for children up to age 8 and/or under 42″ tall, weather permitting. Swim diapers or appropriate apparel required. Adult supervision is required at all times. 3111 W. Chandler Blvd., Chandler. 480-526-9200 or shopchandlerfashioncenter.com
Gateway Park’s newly remodeled splash pad is open May-October during regular park hours. 10100 N. El Mirage Road. 623-876-2977 or cityofelmirage.org
The Falls at Gilbert is a 4,000-square-foot splash pad with 57 interactive water features including large splash buckets to smaller jets and sprays. Equipped with lights for evening play. gilbertaz.gov
San Tan Village has a splash pad located in the Children’s Play Area near Children’s Place and Build-A-Bear. The splash pad is open seasonally from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and closes daily from 2-3pm for cleaning. 2218 E. Williams Field Road, Gilbert. 480-282-9500 or shopsantanvillage.com
Water Tower Park’s splash pad remained temporarily closed as of May 1. Find updates here. The splash pad is located among other water features including a floating granite kugel ball and a water wall with a cantilever bench and illuminated blue-glass windows. Hours are 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily, with some weather-based and seasonal variations. 45 W. Page Ave. 480-503-6200.
Glendale Heroes Regional Park will reopen for the season May 29. Hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. 8100 W. Bethany Home Road. 623-930-2820 or glendaleaz.com/parksandrecreation
The splash pad at Westgate Shopping Center is located across from the AMC Theatres and is open daily from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
The splash pad at Goodyear Community Park opens the third Monday in April and remains open until the third Monday in October. 623-882-7525 or goodyearaz.gov
All City of Mesa splash pads are open year-round. Water features are set on timers. To activate a splash pad, put the palm of your hand over the sensor on the post near the pad. 480-644-PLAY (7529) or mesaparks.com
- Eastmark Community’s Great Park, at 5100 S. Eastmark Parkway, has a shaded splash pad. Hours are 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Pioneer Park, at 526 E. Main St. has a 15-foot water wall and splash pad. Hours are 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Riverview Park, at 2100 W. Rio Salado Parkway, has a splash pad with multiple water features. Hours are 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Splash pads at the following parks are open seasonally from April 15 through October 15. Hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. 623-773-7137 or peoriaaz.gov
- Camino a Lago Park 21249 N. 98th Ave.
- Paloma Community Park, 29799 N. Lake Pleasant Pkwy.
- Pioneer Community Park, 8755 N. 83rd Ave.
- Rio Vista Park, 8866 W. Thunderbird Road
City of Phoenix splash pads are open seasonally the last Saturday in May through Oct. 1, and are located at the following parks:
- Altadenda, 3711 E. Altadena Ave. Hours: 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. 602-262-6696.
- Civic Space Park, 424 N. Central Ave. 5:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. 602-262-6412.
- Dust Devil, 10645 W. Camelback Road. Hours: 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. 602-262-6575.
- Edison, 901 N. 19th St. Hours: 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. 602-262-6412.
- Francisco Highland, 2702 E. South Mountain Ave. Hours: 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.. 602-262-6111.
- Mountain Vista, 13647 S. 50th St. Hours: 5:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. 602-262-6111.
- Nuestro, 1433 S. Ninth St. Hours: 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. 602-262-6111.
- Pecos, 17010 S. 48th St. Hours: 5:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. 602-262-6111
- Trailside Point, 7215 W. Vineyard Road, Hours: 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. 602-262-6111.
The Splash Pad at Desert Ridge Marketplace is open 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily, year round, unless closed for maintenance or events. Find it near AMC Theatres and Starbucks in The District. 21001 N. Tatum Blvd. 480-513-7586 or shopdesertridge.com/about
Luci’s at The Orchard is an ideal gathering spot where you’ll find Luci’s, Splurge Ice Cream & Candy, Orchard Tavern, and Orchard Events & Catering. The outdoor space is beautifully lined with citrus trees, offering a spacious dog-friendly patio and a splash pad for the kids. Open 7am-8pm, 7100 N 12th St building 2.
Founder’s Park has a 4,000-square-foot water-play area and a variety of above-ground water features. 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. May-August, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. September-October, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. March-April. 22407 S. Ellsworth Road. 480-358-3700 or queencreek.org.
Mansel Carter Oasis Park opened its shipwreck-themed splash pad April 1 for the 2021 season (typically it operates March-October). 7 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Mansel Park is an IBCCES Autism Certified Center. 19535 E. Appleby Road, Queen Creek.
Splash pads/spray pads at these Scottsdale parks are open sunrise to 8pm, as long as it’s hotter than 70 degrees. All features have push-button activation. Find details at scottsdaleaz.gov/parks/find-a-park.
- Agua Linda Park, 8732 E. McDonald Drive
- Chesnutt Park, 4565 N. Granite Reef Road
- Florence Ely Nelson Desert Park, 8950 E. Pinnacle Peak Road
- McDowell Mountain Ranch Park, 15525 N. Thompson Peak Pkwy.
- Paiute Park, 3210 N. 66th St.
- Pima Park, 8600 E. Thomas Road
- Vista del Camino Park, 7700 E. Roosevelt St.
Scottsdale Quarter also has a splash pad. Mall hours are 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. 15059 N. Scottsdale Road. 480-270-8123 or scottsdalequarter.com
Splash pads at three city parks. Hours are 6 a.m.-10 p.m. through October. 623-222-2000 or surpriseaz.gov.
- Dick McComb City Park, 17894 W Westpark Blvd.
- Marley Park (Heritage), 15073 W. Sweetwater Ave.
- Surprise Farms Community Park, 17894 Westpark Blvd.
- Veramonte Park, 12741 N. 140th St.
All Splash Play areas are seasonal and are open daily April through October from 8 a.m.-10 p.m.
- The Cloud at Kiwanis Park, 5233 S. Ash Avenue
- Esquer Park Splash Pad, 2407 E. McArthur Drive
- Hudson Park Splash Pad, 1430 S. Cedar St.
- Jaycee Park Splash Pad, 817 W. 5th Street
The splash pad at Tempe Marketplace near Barnes & Noble is open from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily. It’s located near Barnes & Noble in The District.
SAFFORD & THATCHER
Splash Play is seasonal and the water feature is open 8a.m.-8.p.m and closed on Sundays.
- Thatcher Splash Pad, 3883 W. Ballpark, Thatcher.
TUCSON & SURROUNDING AREAS
All Splash Play areas are seasonal and are open daily April through October from 8 a.m.-sunset.
- Catalina Park Splash Pad, 925 N. 4th Ave
- Clements Splash Pad, 8155 E. Poinciana Dr (charges entrance fee)
- Palo Verde Park Splash Pad, 355 S. Mann Ave.
- Udall Splash Pad, 7200 E. Tanque Verde Rd.
- Naida Jane Baker Splash Pad, 2536 N. Castro Ave
- Brandi Fenton Splash Pad, 3482 East River Road
- Cactus Springs, 221 E. Wetmore Road (charges entrance fee)
- Cool Water Kids Splash Pad, 2561 W. Ruthrauff
- Crossroads at Silverbell District Park Splash Pad, 7548 N. Silverbell Rd
- Marana Heritage River Park Splash Pad, 12280 North Heritage Park Drive, Marana
- Oro Valley Aquatic Center, 23 W. Calle Concordia, Oro Valley (charges entrance fee)
- Picture Rocks, 5615 N. Sanders Rd., Tucson (charges entrance fee)
- Warden Family Splash Pad, 5110 S. San Joaquin Ave