- This event has passed.
Scottsdale – SMoCA reopens to the public
Saturday, October 3, 11:00 am - 5:00 pmFREE
Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art (SMoCA) opens its doors to the public at 11 a.m., with free admission throughout the month.
As with most things these days, the Museum will look different when it reopens. Below are a few of the reopening guidelines:
- Staff and all visitors are required to wear masks. (ADA accommodations allowed)
- Admission to the Museum will be sold online and in-person.
- Entry into the Museum will be timed.
- Group size will be limited to six visitors per group.
- Museum attendance will be limited to 20 visitors per hour.
- Bathrooms and high-touch areas will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day. Customer service counters, including admissions and retail spaces, also will take additional sanitary and safety precautions.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout public spaces.
For a full list of protocols and guidelines SMoCA expects its staff, artists and visitors to follow visit SMoCA.org/reopening-guidelines.
Location: 7374 E. Second St., Scottsdale, Arizona 85251
Hours: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday. Closed Mondays, Tuesdays and major holidays.
Admission: Free to all in October. Regular admission price: $10; $7 students, seniors (65+) and veterans; free for members and children under 15. Free every Thursday and every second Saturday of the month.
About SMoCA: Founded in 1999, Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art explores the best of contemporary art, architecture and design. Designed by award-winning architect Will Bruder, SMoCA’s minimalist building has four galleries for showcasing changing exhibitions and works from the Museum’s collection, along with SMoCA Lounge — a living, functional art installation and space for community engagement. The Museum presents a wide variety of educational programs and special events for adults and families.