Local Deaf Actors Perform “Children of a Lesser God” Throughout September
222 E Monroe St
Phoenix, AZ, AZ 85004
Phoenix Day School for the Deaf (PDSD), in collaboration with the Order Chaos Theater, presents the captivating play "Children of a Lesser God" by Mark Medoff at the Herberger Theater during the month of September.
This Tony Award winning play focuses on the conflicted professional and romantic relationship between Sarah Norman, a deaf student, and her former hearing teacher, James Leeds.
Four students from PDSD as well as other local deaf and hard of hearing actors will deliver this powerful performance using American Sign Language (ASL). The show will be fully accessible for all with the play in both voice and sign, as well as captions when actors are speaking.
Showtimes are 7pm on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays with a matinee showing at 3pm on Saturday throughout September. The final showing will be Sunday, September 24th. Below are the dates and times of the upcoming performances:
- Saturday, September 9 at 3pm
- Saturday, September 9 at 7pm
- Sunday, September 10 at 7pm
- Friday, September 15 at 7pm
- Saturday, September 16 at 3pm
- Saturday, September 16 at 7pm
- Sunday, September 17 at 7pm
- Friday, September 22 at 7pm
- Saturday, September 23 at 3pm
- Saturday, September 23 at 7pm
- Sunday, September 24 at 7pm
Herberger Theater is located at 222 E Monroe St in Phoenix.
To learn more the PDSD actors featured in this performance, visit https://www.orderchaostheater.org.
To purchase tickets, visit https://www.herbergertheater.org/events/children-of-a-lesser-god/.