Bring the kids, browse summer programs and enjoy hands-on activities at Raising Arizona Kids magazine’s 17th annual Camp Fair AZ on Saturday, Feb. 29!
If you are looking for ways to keep your kids busy, active, learning and exploring this summer, Camp Fair AZ is a fun place to discover summer programs offered locally and around the country. Drop in anytime from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 29 — Leap Day — at Ability 360 Sports & Fitness Center, 5031 E. Washington St. in Phoenix.
Families with children ages 3 to 18 will find a variety of summer day camps and overnight camps represented. Camp themes range from animals, arts and academics to sports, STEM, theater and more. Face-to-face conversations with camp staff offer parents peace of mind and a much better sense of what children can expect to experience at camp.
Lots of fun at Camp Fair AZ!
We’re expecting more than 60 exhibitors. Many will bring fun, hands-on activities for kids to try. Some camps offer day-of-event signing discounts. And some even raffle off a free session of camp! Some examples we know about to date:
- YMCA’s Camp Sky-Y, will host four hours of free rock climbing at the entrance to the venue’s gymnasium. Alex Heinemann, Sky-Y’s camp and conference director, says his team will be excited to share news about Adventure Camp for ages 14-17, which will be back during the 2020 season for the first time in 10 years at this Prescott-based camp.
- Wild West Dentistry will offer demonstrations and activities to teach kids about tooth care and oral hygiene. And kids can spin a “wheel of fortune” to win a small prize.
- Carrie Curran Art Studio will be doing canvas painting again this year and also giving away a free week of camp.
- The Children’s Museum of Phoenix will highlight this summer’s Week No. 9 Summer Camp Theme of “Olympic Games,” and will have an Olympic-style bean bag toss and an Olympic style “weightlifting challenge” for kids — with prizes. Plus: sign up for a chance to win a week of camp!
- The Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak’s Coyote Camp will be providing coloring books/activity books for kids.
- Rachel’s Young at Art is planning face painting or glitter tattoos for kids attending Camp Fair AZ.
- Feed your sweet tooth — Girl Scouts will be there selling cookies!
- Desert Botanical Garden is giving away VIP tickets to the first 50 families arriving at Camp Fair AZ. Its new Cactus Clubhouse, an 8,000-square-foot activity center for kids, and Spring Butterfly Exhibit open on the same day — Leap Day! — and the garden is close to the Camp Fair AZ venue.
- Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation will be raffling off a free session of camp. Education Coordinator Natalie Pollet says her team also will be sharing news about a new half-day camp they’ve added this summer. Called “Art from Observation,” and focused on sketching and painting architectural structures, it’s for kids entering 4th-8th grades.
- The Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak’s Coyote Camp will be raffling off a two-night resort stay, and a plush stuffed animal of the Coyote Camp mascot, Yote the Coyote.
- Girl Scouts – Arizona Cactus-Pine Council will be raffling off a free week of camp to non-members. (Your child does not have to belong to GSA to attend the summer camp.)
- All registered families that attend will be entered to win tickets to the Arizona Renaissance Festival or the Ostrich Festival in Chandler.
Camp Fair AZ is free to families
Thanks to our sponsors Cactus Day Camp, Wild West Dentistry and YMCA Camp Sky-Y, this event is FREE to families! And there is plenty of free parking in Ability 360’s parking garage. The Center is centrally located along the Metro Light Rail (get off at the new 50th Street Station). Make a day of it! The Ability 360 Sports & Fitness Center is close to both the Phoenix Zoo and Desert Botanical Garden. Both organizations offer summer camps and will be exhibiting at Camp Fair AZ.
Registration is not required, but families are encouraged to do so to save time the day of the event. Visit campfairaz.com for more information and to see the growing list of camps that will be attending.