OK, parents: Here are a few kids products that could make family vacations a little smoother.
Flying with a baby?
1. FlyeBaby is a hammock-style infant plane seat that provides comfort for your baby while allowing you to be hands-free. It’s designed to create a comfortable face-to-face interaction between you and your baby during the cruise portion of a flight. This portable seat attaches around your waist and to the seat in front of you. FlyeBaby has color-coded straps that are easy to set up, and a five-point restraint harness keeps baby safe. FlyeBaby can also attach easily to most chairs, converting them into a high chair.
Price: $49.95. Available at flyebaby.com and Buy Buy Baby.
2. Milestone Activity Cards are a way to capture, remember and share special moments. The set contains 30 cards with things to see and do with your little one. You can add them to photos or to a scrapbook to treasure your family memories.
Price: $24. Available at milestone-world.com, Modern Mommy Boutique in Chandler and Baby Town in Gilbert.
3. Tegu Pocket Travel Pouches are heirloom-quality magnetic and compact wooden blocks. The pouches features six or eight blocks that can make infinite creations. Available in a variety of styles.
Price: $25. Available at tegu.com and Target.
Environmental skin & body protection
4. Fairy Tales Sun & Swim Travel Kit has convenient travel-size bottles of the Lifeguard Clarifying Shampoo, Lemon-Aid Conditioner and Coco Cabana Sun Spray — everything you need to revive and restore hair from chlorine green and sea salt. Fairy Tales Sun & Swim line uses natural citrus extracts, coconut oil and banana leaf to keep hair soft and shiny. The products are gluten, dairy, soy and nut-free.
Price: $14. (3 oz. set) available at fairytaleshaircare.com and Ulta.
5. Bug Bandit DEET-Free Bug Repellent is a natural spray that works for the whole family. It’s infused with lemon, eucalyptus and soybean oils and organic herbs such as rosemary, citronella, lemongrass and cedar bark. It is free of harsh chemicals, pesticides, toxins, parabens, sulfates, dairy, gluten and nuts (that can trigger allergic reactions) and offers protection against fleas, mosquitoes, ticks and biting flies.
Price: $13.95 (8 oz.) Available at fairytaleshaircare.com, Ulta, Bed Bath & Beyond and Cool Cuts 4 Kids.
6. Cool Carats car-seat cooler. This local product is a freezable self-insulating car-seat cooler. It uses a patented design to cool down car seats and keep buckles from getting hot. The product is not intended for a child to sit on, but will cool down a child’s car seat 10-15 minutes before they sit down. Cool Carats, headquartered in Phoenix, was founded in 2014 by Julie Yang, a local mom who was frustrated by the lack of products available to keep her infant daughter from getting too warm in the car. Cool Carats comes in four colors/patterns and keeps cold for hours after freezing over night. Now, we want one for adults!
Price: $39.99. Available at coolcarats.com.
7. Diono Travel Pal offers an easy way to organize kids items in the car and have them within reach: Toys, formula bottles, baby wipes, diapers, snacks and anything in between. It has a deep cargo bin for larger items and lots of pockets for smaller things. It also has insulated drink holders, and the entire cargo area is waterproof. Travel Pal fits between two child car seats and is large enough to hold items for two children.
Price: $14.99. Available at https://us.diono.com/travel-accessories/travel-pal, Walmart and Buy Buy Baby.
Have your own favorite travel products/tips? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org