Great Wolf Lodge, a new indoor water park and resort, celebrated it’s Scottsdale grand opening on Thursday, Oct. 17. The 350-room, all-suite hotel next to Salt River Fields features an 85,000-square-foot indoor water park and is the first Great Wolf Lodge in Arizona and the 18th concept in North America.
“We have been overwhelmed by the community’s enthusiasm for this resort, and we are equally excited to open our doors and provide some howling good fun to families across the Southwest,” Great Wolf Resorts’ CEO Murray Hennessy said in a statement. “Great Wolf Lodge Arizona is sure to be a favored staycation destination for families.”
Hennessy and three-time Olympic gold-medal gymnast Gabby Douglas were onhand to officially “open” the resort at Thursday’s event, which also featured Brian Johnson, the resort’s new manager, teaching kids and adults how to “howl” like a part of a “wolf pack.”
In addition to a water park, the lodge features a Great Wolf Adventure Park, where families can explore ropes courses, play miniature golf and go bowling. It also features MagiQuest — Great Wolf Lodge’s exclusive live-action adventure game played with purchased “magic” wands — and an arcade.
Water in the water park is heated to 84 degrees year-round and offers body slides, tube slides, two exciting raft rides, a wave pool and splash areas. The resort also boasts a large outdoor pool.
Other attractions at Great Wolf Lodge Arizona include:
- Yoga Tails, a free yoga class for kids.
- Afternoon crafts and interactive science experiments.
- Nightly storytimes in the lobby that end with a dance party.
- “Mining” for gems.
- An onsite Build-A-Bear Workshop.
- Several on-site restaurants, including Barnwood, with seasonal dishes, Hungry as a Wolf, serving pizza and pasta, and a Dunkin’ Donuts and Ben & Jerry’s.
- Eight suite types, from family suites with two queen-sized beds and a pull-out twin sofa sleeper to premium suites that sleep up to 13 people with separate bedrooms and bathrooms.
Great Wolf Lodge Arizona sits on 18 acres adjacent to Salt River Fields at Talking Stick, located within the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community’s growing Talking Stick Entertainment District. The resort is located at 7333 N. Pima Road in Scottsdale.
To celebrate its grand opening, Great Wolf Lodge Arizona is offering a 40 percent discount on Sunday-Thursday resort stays with the promotional code CELEBRATE. Guests must book before October 24 for a midweek stay between Oct. 20 and Dec. 18.
- Pumpkin patches in Arizona
- Halloween events
- Top October events
- Family events Around Arizona
- Onstage events for family audiences
- All of today’s events