There’s nothing like a warm bowl of soup on a cool day. Welcome in the fall season with these classic soup recipes from Made It Ate It Loved It, and get ready for an easy, delicious dinner!
30 Minute Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and thinly slice (about 2 carrots)
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced (about 2 stalks)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 64 ounces chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- In a large stock pot over medium heat, add the olive oil.
- Add the carrots, celery, and onion. Cook for about 5 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the minced garlic and saute for a minute or two.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the spices and boil for 5 minutes.
- Then add the egg noodles, and boil for 10 minutes. If you like your soup to have more liquid, you can add some water.
- Then add the chicken, parsley, lemon juice, and salt, and boil for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with a buttery roll!
Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 2 chicken breasts
- 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 14.5 oz can Rotel
- 4 oz can jalapenos
- 16 oz package of frozen corn
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 bell pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 10 oz green enchilada sauce
- 3 T butter
- 3 T flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup Monterrey jack cheese
- In a crockpot, add the chicken breasts, black beans, Rotel, jalapenos, frozen corn, diced onions, diced bell pepper.
- In a saucepan, make a rue. You do this by adding the butter and then, while it is melting, whisk in the flour. Bring to a gentle boil. Then remove from heat.
- Slowly mix in the chicken broth, and then the milk. While you are adding the liquid, whisk it so it is smooth. Then put the pan back on the stovetop, and heat until the mixture begins to thicken.
- In a bowl, add the enchilada sauce. Then after the mixture thickens, slowly add it to the enchilada sauce while whisking.
- Pour the mixture into the crockpot over all of the other ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When you are about ready to eat, remove chicken breasts and shred. Return shredded chicken to the soup, and sprinkle with Monterrey cheese. Cover until the cheese melts, and serve!
Crockpot Potato Soup Recipe
- 3 (14.5 oz) cans of chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of cream of potato soup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 oz) cream cheese
- green onion, thinly sliced
- sour cream
- Place everything (except cream cheese) in crockpot on low for 6 hours.
- Grab the blender, and using a measuring cup fill the blender full of soup. Blend up until smooth.
- Pour back into crockpot with remaining soup.
- Mix well, and then add the cream cheese.
- Let cook for another hour so the cream cheese can melt. Meanwhile, cook up some bacon, cut up some green onion, and shred some cheese.
- Once the cream cheese is all melted, place in a bowl and garnish.