Expect More Arizona is encouraging all Valley families to celebrate Arizona Graduate Recognition Day, cleverly scheduled on Wednesday, May 20 for the Class of 2020.
The nonprofit lists a number of ideas for families:
- Decorate your front door (or yard, tree, bush) with school colors, yard signs or banners
- Share messages of congratulations/recognition on social media using the hashtag #AZClassof2020
- Coordinate a virtual graduation party with school-themed virtual backgrounds
- Orchestrate a neighborhood parade of cars, or simply decorate your own car with signs, balloons, bells, etc. and drive around your neighborhood
- Orchestrate a time for everyone in your neighborhood or on your block to come outside and bang pots and pans and or clap or play celebratory music
- Send a virtual e-card to your favorite graduate (American Greetings, Punchbowl, Blue Mountain, and Paperless Post all have free e-card options)
- Use TikTok to issue a celebration challenge to showcase your dance skill and include the appropriate hashtags
AZ Ed News has created a digital yearbook for graduating high school seniors. Add your grad’s picture here.
Parents and grandparents can support this year’s seniors by sharing their own senior year pictures on social media as a tribute to the Class of 2020. Don’t forget to use that #AZClassof2020 hashtag!